Friday, August 1, 2008

Tips for your Low Calorie Diet

Eating small frequent meals is something that you should be doing while your on your low calorie diet. You don't want to feel like your starving all the time. Having this feeling is not going to help you lose weight. You are just setting yourself up for a huge fall here. If your starving, chances are your body is also thinking that its starving. Meaning, your body is going to go into starvation mode. So everything you place into your mouth is going to be stored into fat and wont be turned into energy as it should be. In order for you to lose weight, you need the food going into your body, turned into energy, so you can in turn burn off the extra fat. Now you may have lost some weight in your first few days of this, but its not going to continue this way. It will take your body a few days to realize whats going on, and when it does, it wont be pretty. Eating 5-6 small frequent meals a day is the way to go. You must do this every day, so your body will know its going to be fed when its hungry.

Watching what you eat and reading nutritional facts are very important. Don't eat something that is high in calories, because then you wont have enough calories to eat the rest of the day. Choose foods that are lower in carbs, sugar and calories. Eating fruits, vegetables, lean meats and whole grain are the way to go. While some whole grain and still have a higher amount of carbs, these are what we call good carbs. These will turn into energy and not store into fat.
Pre Plan your food. Once I started to watch what I was eating and changing my eating habit's, it started getting hard to eat 1200 calories. This coming from someone who could have easily ate 3000 a day and not even thought twice about it. So then I started to pre plan my day. I would write down breakfast, lunch, dinner and two snacks. This way, I knew what was going in my mouth already and I didn't go over or under my calories. So pre planning my food really helped me out, and made me keep my body use to a certain amount of food and usually right around the same times.

No comments: