Thursday, August 21, 2008

Chocolate is Addicting

Just about everyone you know loves chocolate and they are probably close to being addicted to it, or they are flat out addicted to it. I know I love chocolate and so does everyone in my home. My youngest can not have chocolate though, he is allergic to it. Chocolate is a huge culprit to gaining weight. So if you stop most of your chocolate eating you’re going to lose weight in the long run. This does not mean you should give it up, because when you do that, you are just going to set yourself up to fail.

How many time have you herd someone say, don’t think about it and you wont want it. I hate when people say that. When you try not to think about things, what happens? You can’t get them thoughts out of your head no matter what you end up doing. Who can blame you, you’re only human. Research has shown that you will eat less when you think about it. Trying to avoid it only makes you consume twice as much when you get your hands on it. So instead of avoiding the thoughts, go ahead and think about it, just don’t give in as much.

A tip for you chocolate lovers out there. If you are going to eat chocolate then dark chocolate should be your choice. It’s better for you then milk chocolate. I found a great product at Walgreen’s the other day. Chocolate sticks. They are just think long bars of chocolate. They are near the 100 calorie packs. They contain 60 calories per stick. They have different flavors. I have the dark chocolate. Place this box of dark chocolate in the freezer. When you get a craving, have a stick. Since it’s frozen, it will last long and you will enjoy it better. I have found, eating one stick will cure my sweet tooth for a few days. And at 60 calories, I don’t feel guilty about it.

No comments: