Friday, August 15, 2008

More Helpful Weight Loss Tips

So you liked the last round of tips and you’re itching for more? No problem there. I can help you out with that.

Support groups- Joining online support groups always seems to help. If you have people routing for your, and on your team, then its going to be a lot easier. I have found a wonderful forum, that really motivates me. We have challenges and team up, so it makes you want to really try, because I don’t want to lose my challenge. It also gives me people to talk to who are struggling just like me, and know how my daily challenges can be.

Tell people- You’re more likely to succeed if you tell people in your family or even friends what you are doing. Letting them know what you are doing and why you are doing it, makes you feel like you really have to see this thing through. I noticed the few other times, when I told just a select few, I fell off the wagon within a week. I have been going strong now for 5 weeks and I have lost 25 pounds. Now some of you may think there is no way I have lost that much. But I am a pretty big girl, and still have a very long road ahead of me, so it’s nothing but the truth. Telling people, has made me stick to it, because I can see how many people are proud of me, and I have a LOT of people telling me where they can tell I have lost weight. That just makes me feel so much better!

Pictures- I would never let anyone take my pictures. I got grossed out. I couldn’t believe I was so big. So I avoided the camera as much as possible. Well when I joined this forum 5 weeks ago, they all begged me. One of the challenges I wanted to join, it was a requirement. So I did it. I had my daughter take some pictures of me, and then I sat her on the computer and just cried as I stared at them. Four weeks later, I had my daughter take another set of pictures. I was in the same outfit, posing the same way. I could see small changes. My face, neck and my sides were a lot thinner. So every month I am going to keep taking pictures. On the days I feel like I just can’t do this anymore, I then come back and look at that first set of pics. It really motivates me.

No comments: